Want to explore next steps in your career during 2024? Are you a Service leaver, veteran, partner/spouse or an older son/daughter? Register today to join our flagship event – Women into Employment 2024 (WIE24)!
- Tuesday 26 March
- UBS London
- From 10:00-18:00
Register online today to attend!
What’s different for WIE24
As the Forces Employment Charity (FEC) moves the conversation forward for 2024, the emphasis for the day will be on channelling your superpower, knowing your worth and something that’s common for many… overcoming imposter syndrome.
We are widening the scope of sectors we are engaging with! Our expert panellists will explore employment opportunities in the following sectors:
- sustainability/social impact
- creative industries
- government and the third sector
Your top five reasons to join WIE24
- Join an interactive session on how to channel your superpower and advance on your career pathway
- Gather top tips from our industry spotlight speakers, hearing directly from the HR teams to gain insight and advice on how to maximise your application
- Engage in some inspiring conversations in breakout sessions – choose two sessions out of four with experts in their field as our panellists
- Meet up to 20 companies and their talent teams during the afternoon in the marketplace and hear about different opportunities and pathways available
- Update your professional headshot for your LinkedIn account, a complimentary offer for you to take away with you by our professional photographer, Terry Benson
Ingrid Rolland, a Reservist in the British Army attended our 2023 event:
“If I’d missed that opportunity (to join WIE23) I don’t think I’d be where I am today. It’s a really, really great event. The number of companies you managed to pull together for that specific event, targeted at all levels… using Centrica as an example here – whether you wanted to be a smart gas engineer through to a CEO, there was a range of opportunities there — and not just targeted at women leaving the Armed Forces. As a reservist, it was great for me and I know you were targeting partners/military spouses and their older sons and daughters too so it ticked all the boxes and was a great event!”
What’s in store during the morning
In addition to the morning’s agenda of inspiring speakers, make sure you take time to meet these organisations who will be in the arrivals area. They can help you strengthen your career preparation toolkit:
- Career Pursuit – pick up your free guide to take home and use!
- X-Forces Enterprise – helping you nurture your entrepreneurial ambition
- The Milspo Business Network ™ – join an inclusive online global community
- Military Coworking Network – offering coworking spaces and an online network
- Forces Employment Charity – free, personalised career coaching for the whole military community
- Forces Pension Society – to guide, campaign and educate us all on our military pensions!
- The Warrior Programme – many say it’s life-changing!
WIE24 afternoon breakout themes
Join us in two of the afternoon breakout sessions which you select on event registration:
- Careers in creative industries OR
- Careers in sustainability/social impact
- Careers in government and third sector OR
- Careers in self-employment
Employers at WIE24
We are grateful to be working in partnership with UBS and we thank them for providing the amazing venue this year.
- Gold sponsor: Octopus Energy
- Silver sponsors: Centrica, Qinetiq
- Bronze sponsor: Jacobs
- Marketplace employers (during the afternoon): Aviva, GE Aerospace, GSK, Hugh James, London Business School
More employers will be added shortly!
Talk to an FEC advisor
If you would like to talk to a career advisor ahead of this event, register with us as a client and a member of the FEC team will be in touch.
Note: The events page URL refers to the Officers Association (OA) and this is due to when RFEA and the OA combined to become the Forces Employment Charity. Our data storage is a legacy package that will be updated as our systems are evolved. You can read more about our story online.